Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014....How You Have Sucked So Far, Seriously

I'm betting this year is going to get better, because it really hasn't got anywhere to go but up.

So "the dad" left.  January 1st he shifted all his "stuff" between here, my cousin's new apartment and my sister's place, and off he went to New Zealand.  Lane doesn't talk about it much except to say how happy his dad will be.  Asha doesn't talk about it at all but wakes up crying every second night or so.  I refuse to say out loud in front of them what an ass I think he is.

The guy I've been dating - re-dating - has cancer.  Recurrent non-hodgkins lymphoma, a more aggressive form this time.  So the last couple of weeks has been chemo appointments preparing for a stem cell transplant in Halifax in March/April.

Someone else close to me has been diagnosed with a benign tumour that will need radiation in a different province.  Since I don't know who reads this and I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say yet, I'll just say it sucks.

I'm trying to be positive about this but it wears me out....all this being positive I mean.

There hasn't been too much positive in this post yet.

My kids are healthy and for the most part happy, I've been spending more time with my sister and her 4 year old daughter who makes me laugh and seeing my family more often, it's raining right now instead of snowing for a change so most of the dirty yucky snow will be gone by Monday, when I'm in Halifax in the spring I'll get to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a long time, people being not-so-well around me makes me appreciate that I'm mostly well.

Let's go 2014, I KNOW you can do better....and I'm pretty sure my posts will return to their happy sarcastic tone at that time.

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh dear that is way too much suckage happening already for a year that has just started. It has to get better, and I wish you strength to deal with everything that is happening.

Barbara Bruederlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.