Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Reel

I've watched a few movies lately....some were re-watches, you know the ones that come on and even if they're half way through you can watch them again. And I watched a couple of new ones.

Ok, I can see why Religulous inspired people to picket - what an amazing movie! I thought for sure Bill was going to get punched out a couple of times, I would have taken bets on it. There are some strange people in the world, aren't there....I loved Bill's questions and the way they pissed people off. I'm easily entertained, remember?

Tonight I watched The Secret Life of Bees. Good movie, but made me miss my dad.

So only 15 sleeps to Cuba and I haven't even started packing yet. I figure a couple of pairs of shorts, a skirt, a couple of shirts and a couple of bathing suits and I'm set....along with all the "just in case" drugs and extra batteries (for the camera, sickos!). I can't wait to get away, I've recently made man mistakes again and after cleaning up my messes need some time away from it all. Shit I sound cold, haha. Oh well.

Adios amigos :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Religulous?..don't think I heard of that.

Why would you begin packing with over 2 weeks till you go? It only takes an hour or so to pack.

You should get rechargable batteries...for the camera too

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've not heard of it, either. Kelly and I must live in the same cave, I guess.

Oh have a great time in Cuba, before you have to start sharing it with the Americans!

rachael chatoor said...

Religulous, its a fantastic movie, I just watched it last Friday night, oddly enough, I had heard of it myself, but not had a real interest in seeing it.

Anyhow, I was told to see it by three people in one week, so I stopped judging the book by its cover and went to rent it.

I would recommend it very highly.

Bill Maher is a smart and funny man, I loved his responses to some of the people he interviewed, you could see him struggle with disbelief sometimes..... at the end, I found it very eye opening.

Worth the rental fee and then some.

:)

Maureen said...

Kelly & Barbara, time to come outta the cave....no details please ;) Rachael's right, it's worth seeing at least once.

Kelly, you're so OBVIOUSLY a boy, hahaha....it only takes an hour to pack! Funny!!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh...so that was Barbara in the cave with me.....oops

And yes obviously a boy....whats it take to pack, a bunch of t-shirts and my beautiful silk hawaiian shirts a change of gotch and socks, toothbrush and toothpaste....and go