Arrived to a little rain, some wind, but it didn't last long. Burned myself on the beach the first day. And wait....I actually wore a two-piece bathing suit!!! Not quite a bikini - the bottom was a skirty thing. I was rather proud of myself for not caring about the ol stretch marks for a change....remember young people, your 40s are liberating ;) So we swam, snorkelled, did the pool bar thing and the 24 hour bar thing and the lobby bar thing. For someone who is always the DD it was quite a drink-a-thon, even though I wasn't ever loaded!
We met lots of people - Canadians, Europeans and locals. Spent one evening talking to a couple of young guys who teach English at the Arts High School in Holguin - it was an interesting talk after they'd had a few drinks of vitamin R and loosened up a little. I got the feeling at first that they were holding back a little, but we got quite a conversation out of them about Cuba, Canada, the US, etc. And why Cuban men want to meet Canadian women so bad, hahaha! Yup, it's the ticket out....and we thought it was because we were all so damn good looking!
Speaking of good looking, Cuban men are very very good looking in general. But no, I didn't go there.
I did get sick for a day and a half in the middle of the trip though - missed my trip to Santiago de Cuba. Janine went (the friend I travelled with) and took lots of pics for me, when I get them I'll post some. There was a norwalk type thing going around, I was one of the lucky ones....ugh. But we did get out on a horse & buggy ride and a "train" ride (it was really a train look a like on wheels, haha). People don't have much in Cuba, but they really seem genuinely happy. Makes you go "hmmm
mm".
mm".All in all, a great trip. I sort of feel like I've done Cuba now though - west and east - so where to next year....that's the question.
4 comments:
glad you had a good trip, sounds like a lot of fun
Things that make you go hmmmm is right.I was just starting to write a post about when I was living in Africa, and how the villages I went through had so little, it really makes you see things differently, it's hard to complain.
Too bad about getting sick, thats the worst, esp when you are on holidays. losing a whole day and a half is a bit sad. Sounds like overall was really nice overall though. :)
I agree, the 40's are very liberating. I am joining the club this year. And I intend for it to be my best decade yet.
u are so lucky u posted this, i was just giving u shit in my blog about not writing about your trip...hahaha
Where next? Why Calgary, of course! Who wants to go to Cuba in March when you can go to Calgary?
Glad you made the most of your trip and put your DD days behind you for a while.
- a fellow DDer
Post a Comment