Saturday, January 16, 2010

And Still Alive....


Okay, I get it, I should post.
So, here is a picture of my poor Jeep. Yup, it's gone. Rolled it on December 1st, icky freezing rain then snowstorm = me in ditch upsidedown, hanging by seatbelt. Ah well, all's well that ends well....I survived even if the Jeep didn't, and yesterday I picked up my new (to me) Honda CR-V. It's a nice little truck, I'll post pictures soon. I'm still a little nervous driving, so it won't have many km. in the first while, haha!

And ya, so the guy in the previous post....gone with the Jeep. Well, shortly after anyway. Lost his license for drinking and driving, it was sort of the last straw. My aunt and uncle were over to visit and stay with me for a couple of days after everything happened, and of course asked where the boyfriend was. I told them he wasn't around anymore, and said, "I've decided that there's usually a reason men my age are single....it's just finding out what it is." When they thought about the single men they know they agreed. Sigh!

Lane has recently started Biathlon - cross-country skiing and shooting in case you don't know! I don't think there could be a sport more up Lane's alley, unless of course it was just shooting, but the skiing part is good for him :) Oh, and he ran away for the first time on Tuesday evening. I wouldn't do his homework for him (or "help him" as he says!). He put his boots and coat on, stormed out the door and started walking down our long, lonely, dark driveway in -10 temp with a good north wind blowing. He didn't last long, we forgot about it and got his homework done. Silly kid, when I was his age I took clothes and ran away in good weather! He'll learn :)

Asha is taking step dancing and she's already pro-like. The kid has a sense of timing, and step dances everywhere now - good distraction when we're waiting in line at the grocery store, haha!

Me? Working, cleaning, usual stuff. Heading to TO the end of the month for five days for work - trade show. It's on work so what the hell. Then I'll have my TO fill for another few years. Already dreaming of going somewhere south....ah, sun and sand and warm water. I actually looked into going to Haiti to volunteer - not a vacation I know - but they don't need people of my limited skill range. I sent money instead.

Hope you're all well - aren't you glad you made me write now? ;)






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i am

Maureen said...

why thank you :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Shit, girl! That must have been terrifying to roll the Jeep! I hope the rest of the winter passes by without incident. When are they sending the new guy to go with the new car though?

Maureen said...

It was scary yes, I'm still just a little nervous when it's at all messy out....counting days til spring :)

Conky said...

holy jeep shit man! harsh! glad u survived...ive never been in a car crash ever...KNOCK ON WOOD...but i dream about em ALL THE TIME...and im always hanging from my seat belt after!

bad D&D guy......pffft. fuckin dummy! (him not you!)

Maureen said...

First one I'd ever been in when I was driving....hope it's the last - knock on wood, too! Maybe you were dreaming about me, why didn't you TELL me? ha

guy = dumb, yup