
Yup, it's almost Valentine's Day. Do I care? A little....but I pretend I don't. Jen's over there making a mushy gooey card for her luvah, and ya sometimes I think it would be nice for at least one Valentine's Day....to have someone to give a totally unlike me nice card to. Maybe even get one in return. I know the kids will come through for me, though....I better get them some serious candy, haha!
But even though I won't be doing the whole card and flowers thing with anyone, I will be shucking oysters for charity! Yup, Maureen spends her Valentine's evening (in this case Saturday evening) shucking oysters for a bunch of people who've spent a crapload of money to go to a fancy dinner - I'm somehow sure it'll be all couples - at the culinary in town. But I get a fancy meal. Maybe I can even talk my fellow volunteer into pretending we're a couple, hahaha. Probably not though, she'll know everyone there. Ah well, when my heart gives out or I have a massive stroke, I can feel good about my charity work ;)
So ya, TO was fun. We got away a day late, after sitting in the airport for a day our flight was cancelled. Pile o' snow!! We got away Saturday, did much eating and touring in the cold city, then the trade show for two days. I came away wondering....do people really need all that crap? Seriously, there were two buildings full of miles and miles of "stuff". Actually I'll admit it, I'm bad - I ordered a huge buddha for me, hahaha. He'll look great on my deck :)
6 comments:
You know how to shuck oysters? Man, I wish you were my date!
Gotta agree with you on the crap assessment though. We need less stuff, more time.
We have never done the valentines card thing. Not just me...neither one of us.
Oyster shucking huh, I've tried, I'll leave it to the experts. I'm more of a mussels and clams and scallops person. Although last summer I had some raw with raspberry vinegar on them, very good.
Did you hit the Beer Market in TO?
Does Buddha have a clock in his belly?
LAst few years I have been on a crap reduction thing. If its not useful beautiful or sentimental...its gone. Fortunatley I'm useful.
next year is your year lady to make some ghey ass card for someone...im pretty sure ive been dumped on valentines day in the past...ive blocked it out though and cant recall details....lol
v-day sucks ass.
trade shows are so weird...it is a buncha whack shit no one NEEDS...
cant wait to see yer buddah though haha
(says the grrl who just bought a xmas jesus decal for her wall...lol)
I do Barbara, and I'm actually pretty good at it. It's a date card, huh? Who knew? I'll use it :)
I didn't get to the beer market, Kelly....ran out of time because I was eating too much. And no, Buddha doesn't have a clock in his belly! He is kind of a goldish colour though, good enough? haha
I know I dumped someone on VDay, but it was a long long time ago. I used to be a bitch, see? Where'd all that go. I'll send you a pic of my Buddha when he gets here if you post a pic of your decal :)
my jesus decal?! i already did!
duh, I'm an idiot - saw it :)
Post a Comment