Summer is over - ok, not officially, but I turned the heat up and put socks on, so it's over. Besides, it's almost lay-off time again. Woohoo!!!
It's all over too fast for me. We did the season pass for Sandspit again (place full o' rides), I took Asha to see Taylor Swift (she loved it and I had fun watching her love it), I took Lane to have his photos done "old style" since there wasn't a concert he wanted to go to (he included his sister), we went to the beach, went swimming, my sis and I went to Halifax for our "base reunion" (we both saw our best friends from Jr. High, so worth the trip!), I kayaked, we bonfired, the kids went to camp (Lane came home early, Asha stayed the whole time), Lane grew his hair and gave it up for cancer just before school. All in all a pretty good summer, I miss it already!
I "might" be heading to BC - unfortunately if I do it's just a quickie trip. My friend Ai, the lovely Japanese girl I used to hang around with all the time who moved to Yellowknife, met a boy and is getting married in northern Washington state! She works for Westjet and has sent me buddy passes - I'd fly out on Oct. 1st, arrive late, head to WA with them the next morning, do the wedding thing on Oct. 3rd and then fly back out on the 4th or 5th. If I can somehow figure out how to get my vehicle fixed AND afford to go, I'll be there. Still working on it. I only wish I could stay longer so I could torture....I mean visit Jen and Mich.
In other news....wait, do I have other news? Can't think of a damn thing. Look how much excitement you all missed while I was busy working ;)
2 comments:
We're just going to be passing by each other! I'm heading to Vancouver on the 7th, then to Seattle till the 11th, back to Van till the 12th. Rotten timing!
did you go to the wedding for your quickie?
Post a Comment